AIDS Walk Colorado: Festival for Life & 5k Walk/Run Saturday, August 18, 2018
Ways to participate:
- Festival for Life
- The Festival offers the opportunity for event attendees to come together as a community to celebrate the successes of current and evolving
HIV medical treatments. With so many people living longer and healthier lives with HIV, it's only fitting to celebrate these successes
and the lives of those we love.
- Numerous vendors will be in attendance offering everything from goods and services to food and drinks. The Beer Garden will be serving
ice cold beverages, while great entertainment will play from the main stage, offering a leisurely and community-oriented afternoon.
For the little ones, fun and creative children's activities will be available in Kiddie Corner, as well as face painting. Colorado
Gay Volleyball Association will once again be partnering with Colorado AIDS Project to host the AIDS Walk Volleyball Tournament.
This year's tournament will take place in the center of Cheesman Park, just west of the festival area.
- One of the most moving parts of the Festival for Life is the inclusion of the AIDS Memorial Quilt. Many people from Colorado have requested
panels of friends and loved ones who are remembered with a panel. We are honored to partner with The Names Project to be able to
bring a limited number of requested panels to Denver as a part of our event.
- If you would like to request a specific panel of the AIDS Memorial Quilt be brought to Walk For Life that memorializes the life of
someone you know and loved, please print a panel request form by clicking here .
- To learn more about The Names Project and creating a new panel for the Quilt, please click here.
- 5k Walk
- Walk in honor and remembrance of those we have lost the HIV/AIDS epidemic and those who are surviving with HIV.
- 5k Run
- This 5K run is an official qualifier for the Bolder Boulder Marathon. It has become one of the favorite parts of AIDS Walk Colorado.
Runner registration includes a commemorative T-shirt and goody bag of great offers and swag.
- Diva Dash
- Strut your stuff for a 1/4 mile as you compete against others in 3" high heels to win a fabulous prize.
- Volleyball Tournament
- AIDS Walk Colorado is proud to announce the 10th annual AIDS Walk Colorado Volleyball Tournament, held in conjunction with the Colorado
Gay Volleyball Association! The grass tournament will take place in Cheesman Park on August 18, 2018, as part of the Celebration
of Life festival. Pool play for the tournament will begin at 10:30 a.m. following the completion of the AIDS Walk, which tournament
participants are encouraged to take part in. All participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt, and the top teams in each division
will also receive prizes. The number of teams will be capped, and we are expecting the tournament to fill quickly, so please register
as soon as possible. Click here for Tournament Details (PDF).
- Virtual Walker
- Are you working, volunteering, out of town, or otherwise not able to walk with us on August 18, 2018?
- You can still make an impact by signing up as a Virtual Walker! Virtual Walkers sign up for the event just like everyone else and raise
vital funds and awareness for AIDS Walk Colorado. The only difference is that instead of walking or running on August 18, you’ll
be doing whatever it is your life has planned for you that day while still making a difference in our community.
- Volunteers play a huge role in helping Walk for Life run smoothly. More than 350 volunteers are needed on Walk Day and on Set Up Day
to make it possible for our walkers, runners, and participants to experience the spirit of community that unites us all for
the day. Additionally, several opportunities are available in the months leading up to The Walk to raise money and recruit participants
for this year’s Walk. Sign up to volunteer HERE.
- Create a team to help you fundraise
- Raising funds for those affected by HIV/AIDS is extremely important and easy to do as a group. You can motivate each other and challenge
each other (or other teams) into a fundraising frenzy! It can also be excellent exposure for your company, school or organization,
as many teams wear special team t-shirts and carry banners with their names and logos proudly displayed.
Follow this link to sign up and begin raising money for AIDS Walk Colorado: Festival for Life & 5k Walk/Run.
Visit our FAQ page here.
7:30 am - Racer Registration Opens
8:30 am - Race Begins
8:30-9:30 am - Entertainment
9:00 am - Vendor Booths Open
AIDS Quilt Display Opens
Food Trucks Open
9:45 am - Walker Warm UP and Stretching Starts
10:00 am - Welcome and Speeches Start
10:30 am - Walk Begins
Beer Garden Opens
11:00 - 3:00 pm Entertainment on the Main Stage
Family/Kids Area Activities
3:00 pm Event ends