A team is a group of co-workers, fellow students, church members, friends, or families that pre-register, raise money, and walk together on the day of The Walk. Walking together as a team provides fun and fellowship through the common experience of fundraising and standing up for a cause. Walking as a team is fun and is a morale builder for all types of companies, schools and organizations. It’s a time for fellowship outside the work or school environment, and it’s a great reason for friends and family groups to get together! It is also a way to show support for loved ones who are fighting the disease or walk in memory of those who have been lost.
Raising funds for those affected by HIV/AIDS is extremely important and easy to do as a group. You can motivate each other and challenge each other (or other teams) into a fundraising frenzy! It can also be excellent exposure for your company, school or organization, as many teams wear special team t-shirts and carry banners with their names and logos proudly displayed.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to form your team today!
1. Select a Team Leader for your Team. He or She should register FIRST to create your team’s page.
2. Team Leader: Log on to www.AIDSwalkcolorado.org.
3. On the homepage, click the “Sign Up” button under the slider image. A new window will open.
4. Agree to the Waiver of Liability and continue.
5. From the 3 options in the new window, select “Start A Team”.
6. Enter a Team Name and a Team Fundraising Goal. Click continue. A registration form will open.
a.If you have never registered for AIDS Walk
8. Complete the registration process by clicking Continue under the registration form. A confirmation will appear congratulating you on registering for the 29th annual AIDS Walk Colorado.
9. You can now set up your personal fundraising webpage and begin collecting donations!Be sure to explore the tabs at the top of your personal fundraising webpage to see how you can use various emailing, social networking and fundraising tools.
10. From your personal fundraising webpage, you can send invitations to your friends, family and colleagues to join your team using the pre-written invitation e-mail!
1. Team participants should register themselves online by clicking “Register” on the AIDS Walk Colorado homepage, selecting “Join A Team” and then selecting your team name from the drop down menu – after your Team leader has registered and created the team. (A link to your team page will also be included in e-mail invitations that your Team Leader can send out from his or her personal fundraising webpage inviting people to join the team.) Once team members select your Team Name from the drop down menu, the registration process for your team members will be the same as the process above.
2. Encourage the involvement of your group by utilizing newsletters, e-mails, incentives and by planning group activities. Put up posters, send out flyers, change your answering machine message to let people know you are walking and you want them to join your team. We want you to be successful!
Be sure to download a Team Leader kit. The Team Leader Kit includes pledge forms, posters, fundraising tips and more!
Ask everyone you can think of to make a pledge. No amount is too small. People can donate $10, $25, $50, $100 OR MORE! There are great fundraising incentives for participants who raise $52.80 or more. Collect all pledges before the event day so that you can turn them in at the Registration tent on the morning of AIDS Walk Colorado and can collect your fundraising incentives.
Many companies offer a matching gift program for their employees who make charitable donations. By checking with your employer’s Human Resources department (and having people who are donating to you check with theirs too) you can double or even triple the amount of funds you raise for AIDS Walk Colorado.
Lace up your sneakers - Let’s Walk!
On Saturday, August 20th, join more than 6,000 other caring and compassionate individuals in Denver’s beautiful Cheesman Park for the Rocky Mountain region’s largest one-day HIV & AIDS fundraiser. Thousands of people from throughout the state come together as a community to raise awareness in our community for HIV & AIDS, and to raise funds for vital services for HIV/AIDS clients of Colorado AIDS Project and many other outstanding AIDS service organizations throughout the state. The event serves as a day to remember those we have lost to the disease with a morning 5K Walk and Run, prominent speakers and panels of the AIDS Memorial Quilt on display. The Celebration of Life Festival follows the conclusion of the 5KWalk & Run and includes music, The Diva Dash Stiletto Fun Run, vendors, food, beverages and more!