- Works with the Accounts Payable Accountant entering and posting transactions into the accounting system and processing vendor payments on a timely
basis. Communicates with regional offices to ensure that all invoices are received and processed timely.
- Assists Senior Accountant with the preparation of invoices for grant-funded projects according to funder guidelines.
- Prepares and enters approved adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Assists the Accounts Payable Accountant with receiving and depositing cash and checks.
- Reconciles donor cash receipts with the organization’s donor database, in partnership with Development staff.
- Assists the Senior Accountant with general ledger accounting responsibilities including entering approved month-end and periodic journal entries.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with the preparation for the annual external audit.
- Maintains the Organizational Accounting filing system, retention, and disposal, per the auditor approved document retention schedule and under
the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting or business preferred.
- Experience in accounting activities including, accounts payable and receivable, and/or general ledger accounting.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a capacity to multi-task.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel.
- SAGE 100 or QuickBooks Accounting software experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic open-space work environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work well with diverse populations, including persons living with HIV, the LGBTQ+ community, persons of various ethnic backgrounds,
- Experience with HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is highly desired.
- Works with computer workstations, 10-key adding machine and standard office equipment.
- Works with software, including word processing, spreadsheets, accounting and fundraising software such as SAGE100 and Raisers Edge.
- Communicates with regional offices and community using telephone, e-mail, the internet, and fax.
- Requires ability to lift up to 45 pounds of materials.
- Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods.
- Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity).
Accounting Clerk - Denver Office (219 KB)