Position:Administrative Assistant – Human Resources
Reports to:Human Resources Manager
Position Summary:The Administrative Assistant will provide general administration and support within, but not limited to, the following departments within the Colorado Health Network: Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Development, Programs Quality, and the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides customer service to the organizations employees
- Maintains computer systems by updating and entering data
- Schedules appointments and makes arrangements for board and management meetings
- Takes and distributes notes of meetings as requested by management staff
- Makes travel arrangements for organizational staff as needed
- Provides back up for the organizations front desk staff as needed
- Ensures timeliness and thoroughness of payroll processing in coordination with the Human Resources Manager
- Updates job descriptions of all positions within the Colorado Health Network to assure description alignment within positions and accuracy in the description of essential job functions
- Posts job ads, organizes/distributes resumes of potential employees to hiring managers, and assists with the scheduling of job interviews for open positions
- Follows up with employment applicants in a timely manner to advise when applications have been received and to provide information regarding the hiring process
- Ensures the completion of pre-employment/volunteer background checks and reference checks
- Prepares new employee paperwork, imports new employee data into the electronic payroll system, and creates new employee files
- Orders employee business cards and nametags
- Maintains current HR files and databases
- Completion of termination paperwork, termination in the electronic HR data base, and conducts exit interviews
- Maintains active employee directories including but not limited to:employee photo directory, current employee phone extension lists, current birthday and anniversary lists.
- Performers other general administrative duties as assigned
Experience with payroll processing preferred.Able to comply with agency policy around confidential information.
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Associate’s Degree with emphasis on business or bookkeeping preferred.
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and the internet.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Excellent communication and follow up skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. This position requires personal and professional accountability; self-management and initiative; dedication to quality improvement, professional integrity and research ethics and cultural competency. Must demonstrate accuracy, efficiency and excellent organizational skills. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas:task management; teamwork; time management; and communication with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with standard office equipment including computer workstation, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machine. Works with word processing software, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software. Communicates with clients and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. Requires ability to lift up to 45 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires fingering agility for keyboarding and using a telephone and other office equipment.
Salary commensurate with experience at a similarly sized non – profit organization.
As employees of a charitable organization, all CHN staff share the responsibility of serving as ambassadors for the organization in the community. This can be achieved by fostering the development of relationships with potential constituents and donors as well as by participating in CHN events and activities in a way that is meaningful to each employee.
Applicants, please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to Sharon Opila, Human Resources, Colorado Health Network, via email: Sharon.Opila@coloradohealthnetwork.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check. Colorado Health Network Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).