Position: Behavioral Health Services Manager
Reports to: Clinical Services Officer and Clinical Supervisor
Location: Denver, CO
Position Summary: The Behavioral Health Services Manager ensures quality behavioral health and substance use referrals, assessment, treatment, documentation and support services are available to persons infected/affected by HIV/AIDS and beyond who access CHN-Denver.
Essential Job Functions:
- Hire, train, evaluate and provide on-going administrative and clinical supervision to the Behavioral Health Services staff in Denver and Grand Junction, including interns.
- Provide limited direct behavioral health services to clients including individual counseling (hold a caseload of 5-10 clients) and facilitation of 1 group.
- Manage incoming behavioral health referrals, including level of acuity, and track progress from referral to engagement in care. Assign referrals to appropriate internal counselors, groups, or external behavioral health resources.
- Manage Behavioral Health Service offerings including individual counseling, group offerings, workshops, etc.
- Manage relevant trainings for Behavioral Health Services staff to continually provide additional learning opportunities for the team.
- Manage and champion implementation of new billing systems (i.e. – Medicaid, Medicare, etc.) and electric medical record system for the Behavioral Health Services staff.
- Provide clinical consultation and appropriate trainings to the Case Management and Prevention teams as needed.
- Adhere to continuing education and clinical supervision training requirements.
- Manage the behavioral health internship program including promotion of the program, maintaining relationship with local universities, interviewing and hiring qualified interns, proving clinical supervision and mentorship to interns, review of clinical notes and complete all necessary paperwork and evaluation needed for graduation.
- Be an active member of the Clinical Support Team (CST) to create, implement and maintain best practices for client crisis/emergency situations that arise.
- Spearhead the development, implementation and evaluation of policies & procedures for the Behavioral Health Services team including standardization by OBH and DORA.
- Complete monthly file audits of the Behavioral Health Services staff.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and tracking of Behavioral Health Services activities and submit reports upon request.
- Maintain and evaluate a network of community behavioral health options and resources available for clients (including support groups, behavioral health services, and addictions services).
- Attend local and state-wide management meetings to continually promote services.
- Be an integral part of future planning for Behavioral Health Services including funding opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Services Officer and Clinical Supervisor.
- Qualifications: Minimum 3 years post-graduate counseling experience addressing such issues as: chronic illness, sexuality, gender identity, substance use and psychiatric diagnoses and treatment. Minimum 2 years administrative staff supervision and program management required. Experience in individual, couples, family, and group counseling.Experience working with diverse populations.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related field required. Licensure required. LAC/CAC III preferred. Approved Clinical Supervisor training.
- Software Utilized:
- Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and the internet. Experience with fundraising, contact management or other database software preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Knowledge of and sensitivity to HIV / AIDS challenges. Proficient in written and verbal communication. Completion of HIV 101 training required. Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred. Highly organized and detail oriented. This position requires personal and professional accountability; self-management and initiative; dedication to quality improvement, professional integrity and research ethics and cultural competency. Must demonstrate accuracy, and efficiency. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas:task management; teamwork; time management; and communication with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants. Ability to uphold respect for client’s autonomy to make decisions about their sexual health. Must have flexibility, creativity, collaborative, and a positive workplace attitude in a small team dynamic. Also, strong critical thinking, active listening, and problem-solving skills to address complex situations.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with standard office equipment including computer work station, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machine. Works with word processing software, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software. Communicates with clients and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. Requires ability to lift up to 25 pounds of materials. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires fingering agility for keyboarding and using a telephone and other office equipment.
As employees of a charitable organization, all CHN staff share the responsibility of serving as ambassadors for the organization in the community. This can be achieved by fostering the development of relationships with potential constituents and donors as well as by participating in CHN events and activities in a way that is meaningful to each employee.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send inquiries with the job title listed on the subject line. Please submit resume and cover letter via email to Lili Carrillo, Clinical Services Officer, at Lili.Carrillo@coloradohealthnetwork.org and HR@coloradohealthnetwork.org . All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check. Colorado Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Closing date: May 31, 2019
No phone calls, please.