POSITION: Bilingual Case Manager - Full time position
REPORTS TO: Client Services Manager
LOCATION: Southern Colorado Health Network Office (SCHN); Pueblo, CO
Position Summary: To provide individualized, comprehensive case management services to people living with HIV/AIDS in Southern Colorado.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides intensive Case Management, based on levels of acuity, to a caseload of assigned clients throughout Southern Colorado including monolingual
Spanish speaking clients and English speaking clients.
- Maintains ongoing, proactive contact to assess client’s physical and psychosocial status and needs through personal visits, telephone and written
- Conducts comprehensive intake and needs assessments to identify client needs, including but not limited to:
- Access to healthcare and the client’s ability to self-manage and actively participate in healthcare
- Adherence medication and medical treatment
- Income stability including employment needs and eligibility for public benefits (SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, etc)
- Mental health and substance abuse issues using program specified assessment tools
- Food and nutrition
- HIV secondary prevention issues
- Develops strategies and goals through Individual Wellness Plans, in conjunction with clients, to meet identified needs. Maintains timely Individual
Wellness Plans according to program policies.
- Maintains quality and timely session documentation on all client interactions.
- Collects service eligibility documentation in a timely manner according to program policies.
- Assess caseloads on a monthly basis to determine client acuity. Deactivates cases based on services usage according to program policies.
- Identifies internal and external resources to meet client needs, and refers clients accordingly.
- Coordinates/Attends Case Conferences with SCHN Client Services, SCHN Prevention, CHN Regional offices and other community providers as needed.
- Serves as a representative of the regional office at HIV medical clinics and community functions/meetings.
- Frequent travel to Colorado Springs, Denver, and throughout Southern Colorado is mandatory.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or a related field. Must be able to work in a diverse setting with diverse populations, including (but not limited
to) sexual orientation. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Organization and time management skills are a must. Must have
valid Colorado Driver’s License/auto insurance and reliable transportation –Monthly travel is required. Experience with Case Management, financial
tracking and budgeting. Computer skills including Windows, MS Word and MS Excel.
Applicants with Spanish/English speaking and cultural experience will be given preference. People with lived experience encouraged to apply. Multicultural
Experience Highly Preferred. Experience with HIV/AIDS preferred. Understanding of the Harm Reduction Model and Motivational Interviewing. Training
in Cultural Competency/Sensitivity. Ability to work constructively with a team.
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
and the internet.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Works in an office environment. Frequent travel to offsite locations will be required. Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds of materials. Requires
clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires
fingering agility for keyboarding and using a telephone and other office equipment.
As employees of a charitable organization, all CHN staff share the responsibility of serving as ambassadors for the organization in the community.
This can be achieved by fostering the development of relationships with potential constituents and donors as well as by participating in CHN events
and activities in a way that is meaningful to each employee.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a cover letter and resume (subject line must be “Bilingual Case Manager”) to Mary Lucero-Hill, Client Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check. EOE
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.