Position: Bilingual Health Access Program Coordinator - Part-time (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Health Access Program Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Position Summary: Responsible for coordinating aspects of the State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) with an emphasis on client enrollment with health insurance plans, eligibility, and assisting clients in navigating medical insurance. Bilingual Spanish-speaking is a requirement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inform clients and the public about Colorado’s State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) and changes related to healthcare reform
- Work with the statewide AIDS Service Organizations and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to troubleshoot aspects of the Health Access Programs
- Complete program enrollment appointments with Health Access Program clients
- Assist with client enrollment in private health insurance plans through Connect for Health Colorado, Colorado Medicaid, and Medicare
- Assist clients in the completion of paperwork required for program participation
- Collect, process, and compile data for client paperwork
- Coordinate invoice processing and bill payments for clients enrolled in program
- Work with partnering clinics and pharmacy staff to troubleshoot client issues with accessing health insurance and medications
- Data entry for entering or updating client and payment information
- Serve as a resource for clients regarding health insurance and healthcare access
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and community partners
- Other duties as negotiated
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Health or related field preferred, but equivalent experience also considered. Bilingual Spanish-speaking is a requirement
Experience in a similar capacity, preferably as a certified Health Coverage Guide; experience with direct client contact, and/or a customer service background; knowledge of health insurance and health care system. Ability to prioritize workload, function independently and collaborate with colleagues; strong attention to detail; demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; a working knowledge of Microsoft Office; training in cultural competency; knowledge of HIV and related issues.
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and the internet.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Willingness and ability to work with diverse populations - persons living with HIV, the LGBTQ community, persons of various ethnic backgrounds, disenfranchised communities. Excellent communication, client relations and management skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Must demonstrate accuracy, efficiency and excellent organizational skills. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas:task management; teamwork; time management; and communication with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with standard office equipment including computer work station, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machine. Works with word processing software, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software. Communicates with clients and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. May travel to offsite locations. Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and auto insurance. Requires ability to lift up to 25 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity).
As employees of a charitable organization, all CHN staff share the responsibility of serving as ambassadors for the organization in the community. This can be achieved by fostering the development of relationships with potential constituents & donors as well as by participating in CHN events & activities in a meaningful way to each employee.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter (use Bilingual Health Access Program Coordinator in the subject line) via e-mail to Ashley Blevins, at: Ashley.Blevins@coloradohealthnetwork.org and HR@coloradohealthnetwork.org.
All offers of employment are subject to completion of a criminal background check.
*Applications will be accepted until position is filled*
Colorado Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)