Position: Bilingual Reception and Programs Assistant
Classification: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Housing and Resources Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Position Summary: The Bilingual Reception and Programs Assistant responsible for providing and/or coordinating the day-to-day operations of the
agency reception desk and assisting with other programs under the supervision of department managers, as assigned by primary supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
Reception Operations Responsibilities:
- Staff the reception desk. First shift coverage begins at 7:30 a.m. and continues to 3:30 p.m. Second shift coverage begins and 9:30 a.m. and continues
until 6 p.m. Saturday mornings 8 a.m. -12 p.m. may be required 1-2 times per month.
- Oversee reception area including monitoring phone usage by clients and activities in the lobby area to ensure the professionalism and safety of the
- Enforce standards associated with confidentiality. This position is called to help support the maintenance of confidentiality/privacy of all DCAP/CHN
- Triage walk-in clients for emergency case management issues, based on protocols established by Case Management Manager and Housing and Resources Manager.
- Provide general community resource information to clients
- Develop, update and maintain the reception training manual.
- Maintain the overall appearance of the reception area: straighten publications and materials, remove trash, wipe down surfaces at end of day, stock
condoms and lube in baskets and update bulletin boards, etc.
- Work with assigned staff to ensure information on client television in lobby is complete and up to date.
- Monitor and coordinate the delivery, pickup and distribution process of agency and client mail.
- Record and update outgoing voice mail recordings for the agency to ensure accuracy and clarity.
- Ensure that the general agency voicemail messages are forwarded to appropriate person(s).
- Monitor fax machine and distribution of incoming faxes to employee mailboxes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Programs Assistant Responsibilities:
- Monitor, coordinate, pick up, distribute and reconcile monies, products, and reporting for Medical Transportation Program.
- Prepare end of month, token distribution report (must be done before 10 a.m. on the first day of the following month).
- Input monthly “visits”/ Food Bank usage and “token”/transportation usage into database
- Prepare quarterly/year end reports, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a non-profit setting working with diverse populations; training in cultural competency. Spanish-speaker
High School Diploma/GED required.
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Willingness and ability to work with diverse populations - persons living with HIV, the GLBTQ community, persons of various ethnic backgrounds, disenfranchised
communities. Excellent communication, client relations and management skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Must demonstrate accuracy, efficiency
and excellent organizational skills. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas: task management; teamwork; time management; and communication
with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with standard office equipment including computer work station, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machine. Works with word processing software,
spreadsheet applications, and presentation software. Communicates with clients and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. May travel to offsite locations. Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and auto insurance. Requires
ability to lift up to 25 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability
to view a computer screen (near acuity).
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your cover letter with salary requirements and resume (subject line must be “Bilingual Reception and Programs Assistant”) to Joshua Derrig, Client
Resources Manager at Joshua.firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will close after 10 qualified applicants are identified or by October 18th,
whichever comes first.
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check.
Position open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer