Position: Dental Front Office Receptionist (Bilingual)
Reports to: Clinical Services Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills to greet all patients and visitors, maintains administrative/clerical duties for office which includes answering incoming calls, scheduling patient appointments, maintaining patient files, assisting with clinic billing and working with multiple database systems.
Essential Job Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Answers and returns all calls in a timely manner; assesses callers’ needs and directs to appropriate personnel when required
- Schedules patient appointments in a productive and efficient manner
- Promptly and accurately updates patient records including financial and demographic information
- Handles dental emergencies, new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, and schedules appointment accordingly
- Accurately collects co-pays, deductibles and other out of pocket expenses at time of visit
- Follows up with patient to reschedule any missed appointments.
- Helps oversee maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Works closely and communicates consistently with Case Managers, Patient Services, and Clinical Staff to ensure continuity of care
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/organization
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor
- Efficiently handles multiple clerical/administrative tasks in a fast paced environment and learns new skills quickly
- Covers for other clinical front office operations as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be willing to understand and practice the mission, vision and core values of Howard Dental Center
- Must have previous experience working in dental office
- Must have necessary problem-solving skills to address patients’ needs
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a team player
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong initiative and multi-tasking skills required
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Time management skills with a strong sense of prioritization and follow through
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills using Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Spanish-speaker, required
High school diploma or higher degree required; 1-3 years dental office experience required. Experience using dental scheduling and billing software preferred. All candidates are required to pass a background check prior to hire.
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and the internet.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Knowledge of and sensitivity to HIV / AIDS challenges. Proficient in written and verbal communication. Completion of HIV 101 training required. Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred. Highly organized and detail oriented. This position requires personal and professional accountability; self-management and initiative; dedication to quality improvement, professional integrity and research ethics and cultural competency. Must demonstrate accuracy, and efficiency. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas: task management; teamwork; time management; and communication with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants. Ability to uphold respect for client’s autonomy to make decisions about their sexual health. Must have flexibility, creativity, collaborative, and a positive workplace attitude in a small team dynamic. Also, strong critical thinking, active listening, and problem-solving skills to address complex situations.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with computer workstations, laptops, servers, and standard office equipment. Works with software, including electronic health records, client/patient data systems, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software as well as with online systems. Communicates with partner organizations and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment in Denver with occasional travel via automobile or airplane to offsite locations. Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires fingering agility for keyboarding.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter via e-mail to Lili Carrillo, Clinical Services Officer, at: Lili.Carrillo@coloradohealthnetwork.org.
Use the position name as the subject title.
*Position will remain open until filled*
Colorado Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)