Position:Health Access Program Coordinator (Clinic-Based)
Reports to:Health Access Program Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for coordinating aspects of the statewide AIDS Drug Assistance Program with an emphasis on client enrollment, eligibility, and collaborating with health clinic to ensure access to program benefits. This position is located primarily off-site at a partnering health clinic in Denver, Colorado
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete program enrollment appointments for clients with access to private insurance
- Enroll clients in private and public health insurance opportunities through Connect for Health Colorado or Colorado Medicaid
- Assist clients in the completion of paperwork required for program participation
- Inform clients and the public about Colorado’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program and changes related to healthcare reform
- Collaborate with clinic social workers to identify and outreach to new clients eligible for program participation
- Work with partnering clinic and pharmacy staff to troubleshoot client issues with accessing health insurance and medications
- Process client billing and insurance paperwork with Denver-based staff
- Serve as a resource for clients regarding health insurance and healthcare access
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and community and clinic partners
- Provide case management support to clients including, resource referrals, financial assistance applications, and other public benefit applications.
- Other duties as negotiated
Qualifications: Experience in a similar capacity; experience with direct client contact, and/or a customer service background; knowledge of health insurance and health care systems; experience in insurance enrollment services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Health or related field preferred, but will also consider equivalent experience
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and the internet. Experience with fundraising, contact management or other database software preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Ability to prioritize workload, function independently and collaborate with colleagues and community partners; strong attention to detail; demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; a working knowledge of Microsoft Office; training in cultural competency. This position is based two-four days per week at University Hospital and the remaining days at the CHN office in Denver; whoever is in this role must have a strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with computer workstations, laptops, servers, and standard office equipment. Works with software, including electronic health records, client/patient data systems, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software as well as with online systems. Communicates with partner organizations and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. May travel to offsite locations. Requires ability to lift up to 20 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires fingering agility for keyboarding and using a telephone and other office equipment.
As employees of a charitable organization, all CHN staff share the responsibility of serving as ambassadors for the organization in the community. This can be achieved by fostering the development of relationships with potential constituents and donors as well as by participating in CHN events and activities in a way that is meaningful to each employee.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your cover letter and resume (subject line must be “Health Access Program Coordinator”) to Ashley Blevins at firstname.lastname@example.org and HR@coloradohealthnetwork.org
- Please apply no later than Friday September 20, 2019
- All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check.
- Equal Opportunity Employer