Position: Medical Case Manager
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Position Summary:The Medical Case Manager purpose is to provide individualized, comprehensive case management and advocacy services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides intensive Case Management, based on levels of acuity, to a caseload of assigned clients.
- Process emergency financial requests
- Maintains ongoing, proactive contact to assess client’s physical and psychosocial status and needs through personal visits, telephone and written contacts.
- Conducts comprehensive intake and needs assessments to identify client needs, including but not limited to:
- Access to healthcare and the client’s ability to self-manage and actively participate in healthcare
- Adherence medication and medical treatment
- Short term and long term housing needs
- Income stability including employment needs and eligibility for public benefits (SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.)
- Mental health and substance abuse issues using program specified assessment tools.
- Food and nutrition
- Risk reduction counseling
- Develops strategies and goals through Individual Wellness Plans, in conjunction with clients, to meet identified needs.Maintains timely Individual
Wellness Plans according to program policies.
- Maintains quality and timely session documentation on all client interactions.
- Collects service eligibility documentation in a timely manner according to program policies.
- Assess caseloads on a monthly basis to determine client acuity.Inactivates cases based on services usage according to program policies.
- Collaborates and coordinates services with other HIV/AIDS service providers and community agencies.
- Identifies internal and external resources to meet client needs, and refers clients accordingly.
- Coordinates/Attends Case Conferences with CHN Housing Center, CHN Counseling Services, CHN Prevention Center, and other community providers as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Case Management Experience and Training. Must be able to work in a diverse setting with diverse populations, including sexual orientation. Spanish Language Proficiency and Multicultural Experience Highly Preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services Social Work, or Psychology (or equivalent work/lived experience).
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint and the internet.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Knowledge of HIV and related issues.Understanding of the Harm Reduction Model and Motivational Interviewing. Cultural Competency/Sensitivity. Excellent communication, client relations and management skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. This position requires personal and professional accountability; self-management and initiative; dedication to quality improvement, professional integrity and research ethics and cultural competency. Must demonstrate accuracy, efficiency and excellent organizational skills. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas:task management; teamwork; time management; and communication with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with standard office equipment including computer work station, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machine. Works with word processing software, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software. Communicates with clients and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. May travel to offsite locations. Requires ability to lift up to 45 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires fingering agility for keyboarding and using a telephone and other office equipment.
As employees of a charitable organization, CHN staff share the responsibility of serving as ambassadors for the organization in the community. This can be achieved by fostering the development of relationships with potential constituents & donors and by participating in CHN events/activities in a way that is meaningful to each employee.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume (subject line must be “Case Manager”) to Bridget Reyes, Client Services
Manager at email@example.com or fax to (970) 243-5791, and HR@coloradohealthnetwork.org.
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check.
Colorado Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Application deadline: November 22, 2019