POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non - Exempt
ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Colorado Health Network, Inc. is a statewide not-for-profit health services organization doing business as Colorado AIDS Project. The open position is based in the Denver office. Infrequent travel to our offices in Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and Grand Junction may be required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for general accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, account reconciliations, general ledger entry, bank deposits, company credit card reconciliation, payroll entries, and general staff accounting duties. Responsibilities include support of all fiscal management and recordkeeping requirements. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Manages the accounts receivable process for the statewide organization including entering and posting transactions into the accounting system and processing vendor payments on a timely basis.
- Prepares and sends invoices for grant-funded projects according to funder guidelines, manages the accounts receivable aging list to ensure timely receipt of payments to the organization, follows up with supervisor and with grantors when payments to the organization are not received timely.
- Prepares and enters approved adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Reconciles donor cash receipts with the organization’s donor database, in partnership with Development staff.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with general accounting responsibilities including preparing month-end and year-end schedules.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with the preparation for the annual external audit.
- In partnership with the Chief Financial Officer, helps to coordinate the development of the annual budget.
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of accounting system software.
- Assists with document/file maintenance, retention, and disposal, per the auditor approved document retention schedule.
- Processes accounting transactions and prepare financial statements for fiscal projects.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and A-133 principles
- Serves as backup to accounts payable as needed
- Perform other accounting/operations duties and other general duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree or five or more year’s experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger operations
- Solid experience coordinating accounting activities including, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, government grants and indirect
- Meticulous attention to detail and a capacity to multi-task.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel
- Experience with SAGE 100 software highly desired
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic open-space work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to work well with diverse populations, including persons living with HIV, the LGBTQ+ community, persons of various ethnic backgrounds, disenfranchised communities
- Experience with HIV/AIDSpreferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is highly desired
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Works with computer workstations, 10-key adding machine and standard office equipment.
- Works with software, including word processing, spreadsheets, accounting and fundraising software such as SAGE100 and Raisers Edge.
- Communicates with regional offices and community using telephone, e-mail, the internet, and fax.
- Requires ability to lift up to 45 pounds of materials.
- Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods.
- Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity).
Salary commensurate with experience at a similarly sized non-profit organization.
Applicants, please send a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and three professional references to Sharon Opila, Human Resources, Colorado Health Network, 6260 East Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80220 via email: Sharon.Opila@coloradohealthnetwork.org with "Senior Accountant" in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check. Colorado Health Network Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).