Festival For Life & 5K Walk/Run: AIDS Walk Colorado
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Ways to participate:
- Festival For Life
- With so many people living longer and healthier lives with HIV, it's only fitting we join together to celebrate the lives of those
we love and the advances in treatment that have made this possible. The Festival also serves as an opportunity for remembrance
to those we have lost from AIDS-related causes, and to celebrate the lasting impact they made on those whose lives they touched.
- Vendors will be in attendance offering everything from goods and services to food and refreshments. The Beer Garden will serve ice
cold beverages while great entertainment plays from the main stage, offering a leisurely and community-oriented afternoon. For
the little ones, children's activities and face painting will be available in the Youth Corner. Stay tuned for more details to
come regarding additional activities throughout the day!
- One of the most moving parts of the Festival For Life is the display of panels from the AIDS Memorial Quilt. We are honored to partner
with The Names Project to be able to bring a limited number of requested panels to Denver as a part of our event.
Leading up to the event, FFL supporters have the opportunity to request the panels of friends and loved ones who are memorialized through a
quilt panel. If you would like to request a specific panel of the AIDS Memorial Quilt be brought to Festival For Life that commemorates
someone you know and love, please submit a panel request form by clicking here.
To learn more about The Names Project and creating a new panel for the Quilt, please click here.
- 5K Walk
- Walk in honor and remembrance of those we have lost the HIV/AIDS epidemic and those who today continue to live and thrive with HIV.
- Create a team to help fundraise
- Raising funds for those impacted by HIV/AIDS is fun and easy to do as a group. You can motivate and challenge each other (or other
teams) into a fundraising frenzy! It can also provide excellent exposure for your company, school or organization, as many teams
design and wear special team t-shirts and carry banners with their logos proudly displayed.
- 5K Run
- This timed, certified course 5K run has become one of the favorite traditions of FFL. Runner registration includes a commemorative T-shirt and goody bag of great offers and swag.
- Diva Dash
- Strut your stuff for a dash as you compete against others in 3" high heels to win a prize as fabulous as you are!
- Virtual Walker
- Are you working, volunteering, out of town, or otherwise unable to join us on August 17?
- You can still make an impact by signing up as a Virtual Walker! Virtual Walkers register for the event just like everyone else and
raise vital funds and awareness for FFL. The only difference is that instead of walking or running on August 17, you’ll do whatever
it is your life has planned for you the day while still making a difference in our community.
Volunteers play a huge role in helping FFL run smoothly. More than 350 volunteers are needed on the event day and on set-up day (Friday, August
16) to make it possible for participants to experience the spirit of community that unites us all for the day. Additionally, several opportunities
are available in the months leading up to the Festival to raise money and recruit participants for this year’s event. Volunteer sign-up will begin in June 2019.