CHN’s Syringe Access Programs (SAP) are an anonymous program offering unused syringes and injection equipment at no cost for individuals who inject substances. No photo ID is required.
CHN Services Offered:
- Syringe and other injection and use equipment (works)
- Overdose Prevention including Naloxone aka Narcan
- Safer Injection and Use Education
- Safe disposal
- Behavioral Health
- Prevention Case Management
- Additional referrals to local resources – Including Medication Assisted Treatment options.
Equipment offered may vary based on availability and location, but typical includes:
- Syringes (various sizes available)
- Sharps Containers
- Sterile Water
- First Aid Supplies
- Safer Snorting and Smoking Kits
Participants of a Colorado Syringe Access Program are protected by state law and are exempt from paraphernalia tickets for syringes and injection equipment distributed by CHN and other Access Points. Participants will receive an anonymous participation card that reflects participation in the program.